For Homeowners
For Partners
Apply NowLogin

What types of coverage are offered with homeowners insurance?

Both HO-3 and HO-6 have six different types of coverage:

  • Dwelling coverage: This covers anything that's physically a part of your house. Think permanent fixtures like drywall, plumbing, cabinetry.
  • Other Structures coverage: This covers structures on the property, but not attached to your house, like a shed or detached garage.
  • Personal Property coverage: Covers all of your personal property no matter where it is located (even if it's not in your home!)
  • Loss of Use coverage: This coverage is applied when your insured property is considered uninhabitable to cover living expenses or fair rental value if you're renting out your home. Your property could be considered uninhabitable due to natural disasters like fires or tornadoes.
  • Liability coverage: his covers you against lawsuits for injury or property damage that your or your family members may be "at fault" for. It also pays for damage caused by your pets.
  • Medical Payments to Others coverage: This pays for medical payments of any third parties who were injured on your property, regardless of who is at fault.

Each of these coverages will have a coverage limit, meaning the maximum amount that the insurance will cover. It is important that you adjust these limits as needed when you receive your insurance quote.

Share this: