Roadmap to Buying Your First Home
May 25, 2016
Buying your first home is a momentous occasion. Such a huge accomplishment does not come easy; it takes saving, time, and planning. The entire process is easier when you are working with a mortgage company you can trust. At Home Point Financial, we want to ensure you have all of the tools you need to successfully buy your first home. Here are the major milestones you will need to cover on your road to homeownership.
1. Figure Out your Finances: Before looking at houses and speaking with real estate agents, it is important to have a firm understanding of your financial picture. Can you afford to buy a house right now? Obtain a credit report so that you know what you are working with.
2. Meet with a Mortgage Broker: Give Home Point Financial a call at 888-616-6866 to discuss your timeline and goals. We recommend speaking with a mortgage professional so that you can obtain a pre-approval. This will help you to look at homes within your price range. We can also explain all of the different loan programs available to first time buyers, such as the HomeReady Mortgage program. HomeReady is designed for low-to-moderate income borrowers, allowing even more people to realize the dream of home ownership!
3. Find a Real Estate agent: When you are fairly certain that you are ready to buy a home, you can start looking around with your real estate agent. Work with someone who listens to you and shows you homes within your price range.
4. Determine Final Budget: Remember, there are going to be a lot of different costs that will add up. Make sure that you fully understand all of the additional fees and taxes you will be responsible for, and cushion your budget for repairs, furniture, and moving costs.
5. Be Prepared to Move: Serious buyers need to be prepared to move fast. Have a plan in place when you make an offer on a home that will allow you to quickly move forward. If you are unable to move quickly, the seller will go with a different buyer.
The professionals at Home Point Financial are here to answer any questions you may have about the home financing process. Contact us today to discuss, and good luck on your journey toward homeownership!