Alaska's HARP Loan Program?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help Alaska homeowners refinance their Alaska home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in that state of Alaska are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable AK mortgage.
Alaska HARP Loan Requirements
- Alaska homeowners who currently owe more their AK mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in Alaska
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance in Alaska but were told they didn't qualify
- Alaska refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current Alaska loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Alaska apply?
Alaska HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.
Alaska HARP Loan Lenders
Apply now or contact Home Point Financial to learn more about the Alaska HARP program and eligibility.