Home Point Financial is pleased to announce that we now have Arkansas USDA financing. USDA Loans are intended to provide lower-income homeowners with 100% financing (with no down payment). USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) loans, once known as farm loans, are now available to Arkansas residents in almost every county outside of major metropolitan areas.
USDA Loan Requirements and Guidelines (Arkansas)
There are a number of requirements to quality for Arkansas USDA Loans:
- Monthly Arkansas housing costs (mortgage principal and interest, property taxes and insurance) must meet a specified percentage of your gross monthly income (29% ratio).
- Credit background will be fairly considered. At least a 640 FICO credit score is required to obtain a USDA approval through most lenders in Arkansas.
- Arkansas borrower must have enough income to pay your housing costs plus all additional monthly debt (41% ratio with some flexibility).
- Income can be up to 115% of the median income for the area.
- Bankruptcy: Have been discharged from a Chapter 7 bankruptcy for three years or more (if applicable).
- Arkansas property must be considered rural which is generally defined as open country with fewer than 10,000 people. Learn more here: http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov.
Arkansas families must be able to afford the mortgage payments, including taxes and insurance.
Arkansas USDA Mortgage Rates
USDA Loan rates vary by individual and are determined by a number of factors specific to the individual, property being financed, etc. In general, USDA rates are better than average compared to other options for qualifying individuals.
Arkansas USDA Lender
Apply now or contact Home Point Financial to learn more about USDA Loans in Arkansas, eligibility and more.