What is the HARP Loan Program in California?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help California homeowners refinance their California home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other California home loan refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in that state of California are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable CA mortgage.
California HARP Loan Requirements
- California homeowners who currently owe more their CA mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in California
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance in California but were told they didn't qualify
- California refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current California loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in California apply?
California HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.