The HARP Loan Program in Washington DC
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help homeowners refinance their home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other home loan refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable mortgage.
Dist. of Columbia HARP Loan Requirements
- Homeowners who currently owe more on their DC mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in Dist. of Columbia
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance, but were told they didn't qualify
- Refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current District of Columbia loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Dist. of Columbia apply?
District of Columbia HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.
Dist. of Columbia HARP Loan Lenders
Contact the lenders at Home Point Financial to learn more about the HARP program and eligibility.