What is the HARP Loan Program in Florida?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help Florida homeowners refinance their Florida home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other Florida home loan refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in that state of Florida are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable FL mortgage.
Florida HARP Loan Requirements
- Florida homeowners who currently owe more their FL mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in Florida
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance in Florida but were told they didn't qualify
- Florida refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current Florida loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Florida apply?
Florida HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.
Florida HARP Loan Lenders
Apply now or contact the FL HARP lenders at Home Point Financial to learn more about the Florida HARP program and eligibility.