What is the HARP Loan Program in Georgia?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help homeowners refinance their home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in Georgia are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable mortgage.
Georgia HARP Loan Requirements
- Homeowners who currently owe more on their mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in Georgia
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance, but were told they didn't qualify
- Georgia refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Georgia apply?
Georgia HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.
Georgia HARP Loan Lenders
Contact Home Point Financial to learn more about the Georgia HARP program and eligibility.