What is the HARP Loan Program in Hawaii?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help Hawaii homeowners refinance their Hawaii home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other Hawaii home loan refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in that state of Hawaii are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable HI mortgage.
Hawaii HARP Loan Requirements
- Hawaii homeowners who currently owe more their HI mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in Hawaii
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance in Hawaii but were told they didn't qualify
- Hawaii refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current Hawaii loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Hawaii apply?
Hawaii HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.