What is the HARP Loan Program in Illinois?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help Illinois homeowners refinance their home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable mortgage.
Illinois HARP Loan Requirements
- Homeowners who currently owe more on their mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in Illinois
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance but were told they didn't qualify
- Illinois refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current Illinois loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Illinois apply?
Illinois HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.
Illinois HARP Lenders
Contact Home Point Financial to learn more about the Illinois HARP program and eligibility.