What is the HARP Loan Program in Iowa?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help Iowa homeowners refinance their Iowa home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other Iowa home loan refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in that state of Iowa are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable Iowa mortgage.
Iowa HARP Loan Requirements
- Iowa homeowners who currently owe more their IA mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in Iowa
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance in Iowa but were told they didn't qualify
- Iowa refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current Iowa loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Iowa apply?
Iowa HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.
Iowa HARP Loan Lenders
Apply now or contact the IA HARP lenders at Home Point Financial to learn more about the Iowa HARP program and eligibility.