What is the HARP Loan Program in Maine?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help Maine homeowners refinance their Maine home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other Maine home loan refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in that state of Maine are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable Maine mortgage.
Maine HARP Loan Requirements
- Maine homeowners who currently owe more their ME mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in Maine
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance in Maine but were told they didn't qualify
- Maine refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current Maine loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Maine apply?
Maine HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.
Maine HARP Loan Lenders
Apply now or contact the ME HARP lenders at Home Point Financial to learn more about the Maine HARP program and eligibility.