What is the HARP Loan Program in Montana?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help Montana homeowners refinance their Montana home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other Montana home loan refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in that state of Montana are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable MT mortgage.
Montana HARP Loan Requirements
- Montana homeowners who currently owe more their MT mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in Montana
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance in Montana but were told they didn't qualify
- Montana refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current Montana loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Montana apply?
Montana HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.