What is the HARP Loan Program in South Carolina?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help South Carolina homeowners refinance their South Carolina home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other South Carolina home loan refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in that state of South Carolina are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable SC mortgage.
South Carolina HARP Loan Requirements
- South Carolina homeowners who currently owe more their SC mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in South Carolina
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance in South Carolina but were told they didn't qualify
- South Carolina refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current South Carolina loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in South Carolina apply?
South Carolina HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.
South Carolina HARP Loan Lenders
Apply now or contact the SC HARP lenders at Home Point Financial to learn more about the South Carolina HARP program and eligibility.