What is the HARP Loan Program in Tennessee?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help Tennessee homeowners refinance their home in situations where value has declined and, as a result, other refinancing programs are not an option. HARP loans are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable mortgage.
Tennessee HARP Loan Requirements
- Homeowners who currently owe more on their mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance, but were told they didn't qualify
- Refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Tennessee apply?
Tennessee HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process, so refinance fees will apply.
Tennessee HARP Loan Lenders
Contact Home Point Financial to learn more about the Tennessee HARP program and eligibility.