What is the HARP Loan Program in Texas?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help Texas homeowners refinance their Texas home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other Texas home loan refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in that state of Texas are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable TX mortgage.
Texas HARP Loan Requirements
- Texas homeowners who currently owe more their TX mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in Texas
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance in Texas but were told they didn't qualify
- Texas refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current Texas loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Texas apply?
Texas HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.
Texas HARP Loan Lenders
Apply now or contact the TX HARP lenders at Home Point Financial to learn more about the Texas HARP program and eligibility.