What is the HARP Loan Program in West Virginia?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help West Virginia homeowners refinance their West Virginia home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other West Virginia home loan refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in that state of West Virginia are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable WV mortgage.
West Virginia HARP Loan Requirements
- West Virginia homeowners who currently owe more their WV mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in West Virginia
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance in West Virginia but were told they didn't qualify
- West Virginia refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current West Virginia loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in West Virginia apply?
West Virginia HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.
West Virginia HARP Loan Lenders
Apply now or contact the WV HARP lenders at Home Point Financial to learn more about the West Virginia HARP program and eligibility.