What is the HARP Loan Program in Wisconsin?
The US Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a program designed to help Wisconsin homeowners refinance their Wisconsin home in situations where home value has declined and, as a result, other Wisconsin home loan refinancing programs are not an option. H.A.R.P. loans in that state of Wisconsin are meant to help homeowners obtain a more affordable and stable WI mortgage.
Wisconsin HARP Loan Requirements
- Wisconsin homeowners who currently owe more their WI mortgage than the home’s current market value
- Have private mortgage insurance in Wisconsin
- Have a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac insured loan
- Have wanted to refinance in Wisconsin but were told they didn't qualify
- Wisconsin refinances of up to 95% loan-to-value
- Good payment history on current Wisconsin loan
- Additional requirements apply
Do refinance fees for HARP Loans in Wisconsin apply?
Wisconsin HARP loans require underwriting and a loan application process and underwriting process so refinance fees will apply.
Wisconsin HARP Loan Lenders
Apply now or contact the WI HARP lenders at Home Point Financial to learn more about the Wisconsin HARP program and eligibility.